Warning: This article contains Game of Thrones spoilers!
No it doesn’t, but now that I have your attention, I do have some spoilers about the upcoming 14th Annual Transport Practitioners’ Meeting (TPM) taking place 29-30 June in Nottingham. This is certainly one TPM not to be missed, as from start to finish the conference will be packed with opportunities for lively debate, networking and knowledge sharing.
Whilst TPM officially kicks off on Wednesday, 29 June, we understand that many people will be travelling up for the conference the night before, therefore we have an evening social programme planned for those wishing to take part. The 28 June social begins with a free ride on the Nottingham Express Transit (NET) tram, courtesy of Nottingham City Council, followed by a city-wide scavenger hunt organised by Integrated Transport Planning. The evening’s activities will conclude at England’s reportedly oldest pub, the Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem for dinner and drinks.
The networking and debate continues on 29 and 30 June with the official conference programme, featuring a plenary session on the topic of Transporting the Future. The plenary session features the following speakers, who will each give a brief statement of their vision for the future of transport, allowing time for debate, discussion and Q&A with the audience.
· Chair: Cllr Nick McDonald, Nottingham City Council’s Portfolio Holder for Jobs, Growth & Transport
· Lilian Greenwood MP, MP for Nottingham South & Shadow Secretary of State for Transport
· Steve Gooding, Director, RAC Foundation
· Professor Sarah Sharples, Professor of Human Factors, University of Nottingham
· Keith Buchan, Director of Skills, Transport Planning Society
· Maria Machancoses, Programme Director, Midlands Connect
· Amy Harhoff, Head of Policy & Strategy, Transport for the North
On both conference days the plenary will be followed by paper presentations, workshops and opportunities for networking during the refreshment breaks. There’s also the drinks reception and awards dinner on 29 June in the Old Library at Nottingham Conference Centre.
Book your place today for the 14th Annual TPM – because missing out will leave you as out of the loop as missing Sunday’s GoT episode.
See you in Nottingham in June!
PTRC, Events and Course Manager